Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Barkley Vowk (bvowk@math.ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 20:37:27 MDT

> Barkley Vowk wrote:
> > But,
> > I'm afraid the chances of uber machines destroying the world is far
> > far smaller than the chances of you just being off your medication.
>
> So... you seem to already made a detailed assessment of the chances of
> 'uber machines' arising, while also being well informed of the
> moderator's medical needs? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm sure if you look at the statistics of people who convinced a race of
machines are likely to destroy all of humanity, I'm sure there would be a
strong connection with paranoia (and medication!). So far, no super
machines, but there was a unabomber, I'm thinking that makes a deranged
sky is falling the machines are going to get me type is far more
dangerous.