Re: SIAI's flawed friendliness analysis

From: Barkley Vowk (bvowk@math.ualberta.ca)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 16:59:53 MDT

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> Barkley Vowk wrote:
> > I think they have a word for what your condition, If I'm not mistaken it
> > is "paranoia". Some people worry about actual things coming to get them,
> > you've created a little dream world where future bad things are coming to
> > get you, you have a gifted imagination.
>
> I'm glad the future is known in advance to be completely devoid of bad things.

I'm sorry, but dedicating yourself to the prevention of future possible
badness sounds like the plot for the terminator movies. But, I'm afraid
the chances of uber machines destroying the world is far far smaller than
the chances of you just being off your medication. If you're going to
speak for something I'm interested in, please try to not sound crazy, I'd
really appreciate it. Honestly, you're going around telling people they've
got a planet kill on their record.