Infinite Size of Level 1 Multiverse?

From: Paul Hughes (psiphius@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 20 2003 - 01:08:48 MDT

I think a more intersting question that is not
answered in Max Tegmark's amazing Sci Am piece, is how
an infinitely large Level 1 multiverse came into
existence in a FINITE period of time. He talks about
the big bang occuring just 14 billion years ago, while
saying that the present multiverse is infinite in
size. Am I missing something, or is he saying that
the SPEED of inflation is infinite therefor you can
get an infintely sized universe in an arbitrarily
finite period of time?? What am I missing??

Paul