Re: Friendliness [was Re: Collapsarity]

From: Zeph Campbell (zephc@hotlinehq.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2003 - 10:39:20 MST

I'm sure an SI/AGI could easily manipulate the will of any human,
convincing the human that he/she is doing the right thing by letting
the SI take control (for whatever reason). Humans do it to other
humans all the time. A Friendly SI might be able to do so as well, if
it didn't understand human suggestibility. But then, one hopes a
Friendly SI would know a great deal about human psychological quirks
before trying to 'help out' anyway.

- Zeph