Has the Singularity already happened?

From: Thomas R Mazanec (tmazanec1@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 22:21:28 MST

Perhaps the Singularity means that a the world at
time T is incomprehensible to any person of time
T-X, but not incomprehensible to a person at a
shorter time before T. For example, our world would
be incomprehensible to a medieval monk, but not
to a 1950 sci-fi fan. The world of 2100
would not be understandable to you or me now,
but people of 2050 might (with effort) wrap their
heads around it. Maybe the world of that medieval monk
would be incomprehensible to a Cro-Magnon.
Sound reasonable?

Tom Mazanec