Re: Suicide as a Natural Right. (was: Re: In defense of Friendliness)

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 06:53:13 MDT

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 04:33 AM, Aaron McBride wrote:

> I just want to make it clear. I'm not saying that suicide is
> definitely not a natural right, just that I doubt that it is. I have
> tried to provide some examples of why I see it as unnatural. I'm not
> even sure that there is such a thing as a "natural right", but I
> didn't want my silence to be taken as agreement with the statement
> that I quoted in my original post. Please don't take my future
> silence on this topic as agreement. I'll be in the chat room
> frequently to discuss this further.

I thought that everyone here was beyond the errors of natural rights,
but I guess not. Here's a little link for you:

http://www.spectacle.org/0400/natural.html

There are probably better links, but I'm not going to take the time to
find them.

Also, let's not debate natural rights here; it's already a dead horse.
If you want to discuss it, there are many forums on the Internet for
discussion of philosophy, religion, and logic.

--
Gordon Worley                              "You're not going crazy ...
http://www.rbisland.cx/                     you're going sane ... in a