RE: META: On Banning (was: Sept. 11 and Singularity)

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 17:41:10 MDT

I wouldn't post this, except that this thread is labeled appropriately
(META), and I'm hoping that it'll die down quickly.

While this is Eliezer's list, and he can do with it whatever he wants...
Maybe a temporary ban of 4 months or so would be a better idea for posters
who aren't up to par.
I think it would be less likely to spark a flame war, or even a series of
"what did you do that for?" posts.
It would also give the poster a chance to see how this list operates and to
read through the archive.

-Aaron