Re: Eliezer's Birthday

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Thu Sep 12 2002 - 09:09:10 MDT

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 09:10 PM, Aaron McBride wrote:

> Since I doubt Eliezer would do this, I might as well.
> Today is Eliezer's birthday, so if you're into giving gifts why don't
> you make a donation to SIAI?
> http://www.intelligence.org/donate.html
>
> Every bit helps, and a byte would really help. (sorry) :)

I have a deal for the list and SIAI. Rather than just give SIAI some
money, I'm going to play a little game.

If you were not on #sl4 last night when I said Eliezer's age (and I
expect those who know to not just go telling everyone), if you e-mail me
Eliezer's correct age OFFLIST I will donate $1 to SIAI for each person
who is correct. Because I am not a man of unlimited--or, for that
matter, many--resources, I will only donate a dollar amount less than or
equal to Eliezer's age in years.

For anyone who would like to donate matching funds, I'll post the amount
that I donate (but not the answer) to the list.

Bonne chance!

--
Gordon Worley "Man will become better when
http://www.rbisland.cx/ you show him what he is like."