RE: Are we Gods yet?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 11:51:21 MDT

Well, I'm 35, and in my view the transition from 20 year old Ben to 35 year
old Ben has not been any kind of "subjective Singularity." Certainly
nowhere near comparable to, say, the transition from primate mind to human
mind. And I think that the subjectivity shift to come, based on
neuromodification, uploading, and so forth, is going to be at least as big
as the shift from primate to human.

-- Ben Goertzel