Re: Why do we seek to transcend ourselves?

From: polysync@pobox.com
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 15:11:41 MDT

> It really wouldn't matter what was driving the human manifestation before
> transcendance [...] a built-in termination date (death) is a very
> restrictive limitation on what a human unit can accomplish.

 There are two limits - the life span from built-in aging, and the average life
span due to accidental or incidental death.

> Pushing past a built-in termination date does not seem to 'come from'
> genetics

 Genetic factors control (or at least heavily influence) both the built-in
"self termination" date, and the drive to overcome your environment to extend
the "average termination" date.