Re: FAI and SIAI as dangerous

From: James Higgins (jameshiggins@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 15:51:03 MDT

At 03:35 PM 6/26/2002 -0600, Ben Goertzel wrote:
>About Eugen's suggestion that FAI and SIAI are dangerous...

I'm sorry, and I'm not making a statement either way, but somehow I managed
to miss where Eugen said FAI & SIAI are dangerous.

What I read from him appears to mean that the development, as it is
currently being conducted, is dangerous. Which I would, in general,
probably agree with. I don't think he means to indicate that the effort as
a whole should not proceed. We've exchanged a few private emails and I
don't get that impression, though I could easily be incorrect.

Just my 2 cents worth.

James Higgins