Re: How hard a Singularity?

From: Pat \ (pat@hykkonen.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 17:43:01 MDT

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Eliezer S. Yudkowsky wrote:

> Humility should not be confused with modesty. Humility is a way to conduct
> yourself in an interaction with Nature; modesty is a way to conduct yourself
> in an interaction with others. I believe in humility but not modesty.
> Humility is a form of rationality. Modesty is not.

Eliezer --

Could you please provide a reference to the dictionary you have used
to define the words "humility" and "modesty"? Every search I have
completed defines those words as nearly synonymous and as having
different senses than the fashion in which you have used them.

--
Pat Hykkonen, N5NPL
pat@hykkonen.net