Re: Threats to the Singularity.

From: Aaron McBride (amcbride@jps.net)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 11:06:20 MDT

At 10:47 AM 6/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
><clip>
>
>#2. One of a vast number of midnight hackers who have been studying AI
>design over the internet hack together the first real AI. The only way
>for one of the AI development teams to beat the hacker is to do it before #1.
> <clip>
>Mike.

I was under the impression that this is about as likely as someone being
able to "hack together" a 747 in their back yard. Building Real AI is
probably not simple (we'd probably have stumbled on it by now if it
was). I doubt anyone will be hacking together a Real AI on their own
anytime soon. Anyone have estimates of the complexity of a seed AI?

-Aaron