Re: Please stop posting to SL4

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:15:37 MDT

Sam Kennedy wrote:

> I personally enjoy Max's posts quite well. I don't care if he has trouble
> writing down his thoughts, I think they are perfectly vaild.

I understand, and will take this into account. However, I was very strongly
unimpressed by the post. Sending random gibberish mentioning the
Singularity to celebrity email addresses simply makes it harder for those of
us undertaking real projects. I checked over his past posts and found
nothing interesting, after which I decided to ask him to stop posting.

His post objecting to my request to stop posting was, surprisingly, up to
SL4 list quality standards. If he wishes to continue posting at that
quality, he is welcome to do so. But no one-liners and no celebrity
mailings, please.

Another good heuristic: Forget about "we need to". "We" are already busy.
If your message doesn't begin with "I am hereby announcing that I will,"
then "we" are not going to pay attention.