RE: Self-modifcation of goals bad?

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 11:01:30 MDT

> for the while I shall work on non-self-modifying
> goal systems, with the rest be self-modifiable.
>
> Will

This is a hard distinction to make. In a system with a rigid goal system
and a modifiable cognitive system, how do you stop the cognitive system from
drastically changing its *interpretation* of the goal? ... thus
*effectively* changing the emergent goal system of the overall mind, while
not changing the part of the system that you have chosen to isolate and name
the "goal system."

Your idea seems a little naive to me.

ben g