Re: Different View of IA

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 16:44:22 MDT

On Saturday, April 27, 2002, at 08:57 AM, Evan Reese wrote:

> Wow! He cites a (probable) past scenario, and then creates a wholly
> conjectural future scenario to show that humans do not change. Anybody
> can
> prove anything with that kind of reasoning - making up any future
> occurrences one needs to fit the preconclusion.

Well, to be fair, I wrote this as cute little stories because I thought
it might be more illustrative than writing something along the lines of
"humans have an evolved ethical nature that facilitates the
stabilization of societies, but because this ethical nature evolved
without weapons that could destroy a planet or the universe it means
that the average human cannot be trusted with weapons that can kill more
than a few humans at a time".

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose