Re: Smart Dust Article

From: Evan Reese (evansreese@directvinternet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 04:31:24 MDT

From: "Joel Pitt" <extropy@xtra.co.nz>

> I just finished reading Vernor Vinge's "A Deepness in the Sky" where
things
> just like this are called Localizers. After I had finished it, I was
> thinking
> "it can't be too long till someone implements them". Looks like I was
> right :)

I remember reading in the prologue to _A Fire Upon The Deep_ where two
people are talking in a tunnel, and fearing that the dust at their feet
might carry back tales of their conversation to the incipient Blight, and
thinking 'I don't know about that.' Well, it doesn't sound so far out these
days as it did then.