RE: Introducing myself

From: Ben Houston (ben@exocortex.org)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 00:10:44 MST

Eugen Leitl wrote:
> I'm rather impressed that the non-armchair variety of AI philosophers,
> who'd bloodied their noses countless number of times, still haven't
lost
> the conviction that they know how to do it.

In many ways it this individual stubbornness and conviction that leads
people to do great things.... I could name many names as examples
throughout history but I'm sure that it would be redundant. (Although,
I should add, that individual stubbornness and conviction have also led
to some of humanities least admirable achievements as well... most
notably in regards to religious convictions.)

-ben
www.exocortex.org