Uploading and sensory deprivation

From: Nathan Russell (nrussell@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 22:02:30 MST

Just out of curiosity, how many folks here think sensory deprivation would
be a serious issue for a recent upload, especially if people are being
uploaded in large numbers prior to the singularity? Getting a brain, one
neuron at a time, into a computer may well be far easier than giving said
brain inputs from a world sufficiently similiar to reality to not feel like
living in Toy Story! I don't know if insanity would be a problem, but
"what if the rest of my life is like this?" would be, at least for me.

I'm sorry if this has already been hashed to death - as I mentioned, I am a
newbie to the list.

Nathan