Re: Date of Singularity

From: Josh Yotty (joshyotty@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 14:28:52 MST

From: "Max" <mcomess@ucla.edu>
>When do you think the singularity will occur.

Don't you end interrogative sentences with a question mark. ;)

Well, the time period you get back depends on the person you ask, their
knowledge of the various factors, current technology, the rate of
acceleration of tecnology, what they think will lead to the singularity,
whether the person is being chased by luddites...you can't get a *correct*
answer.

The *best* answer is, "I can't know; too many random factors."

I do have an estimate in mind, but I *will not* say it.

--Josh Yotty

MegaTokyo wa omoshirookashii desu!
http://www.megatokyo.com/