Re: New Revisions, New Home

From: Mitch Howe (mitch_howe@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 20:14:16 MST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Broderick" <d.broderick@english.unimelb.edu.au>
To: <sl4@sysopmind.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: New Revisions, New Home

> Oh, and what's with the forelock-tugging repeated mantra `Mr.' Yudkowsky?
> Is this the 19th century? If it is, what happened to `Dr.' Raymond
Kurzweil
> and `Mr.' Gordon Worley?
>
> `Dr.' Damien Broderick

If so, then the New York Times and other major newspapers are still in the
19th century (an interesting hypothesis). I introduced Eliezer as "Eliezer
Yudkowsky" and referred to him subsequently as "Mr. Yudkowsky" in
traditional journalistic style -- a style that I felt was appropriate for
this type of document.

--Mitch Howe