Re: Sysop hacking

From: Psy-Kosh (psykosh@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:00:20 MST

> > Second, please show that rightness is purely arbitrary and subjective.
> > I recognize that it is possible that it is such, but, afaik, it has not
> > been shown to a high degree of probability to be such.
>
> Well, we are talking about rightess as in good/bad rather than
> correct/incorrect. It all comes down to the question "What do you want?"
>
> You see, good and bad are entirely subjective. Once we have defined
> these as axioms, we can derive courses of actions from there...

Restating your assertion does not constitute an argument. :) You say good
and bad are entirely subjective. I say "perhaps, but I am by no means
convinced that is the case. Perhaps you could demonstrate that it is?"

> I have already said that what is defined as friendliness is pathalogical
> at best, suffocating at worst...

But, if, as you say, ""true good and bad" are entirely subjective, then,
wouldn't that "pathologicalness" itself be a subjective assesment on your
part?

--
Psy-Kosh
"The scientist who would rather refute than comprehend demonstrates he has