Sing Ethics list

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:57:33 MST

Okay, I will try again to explain what this list is about. I'm still
figuring it out, to some extent, so let me try to make a clear statement
about it.

The sing_ethics list is for the discussion of topics of interest in
ethics and cognitive science to Singularitarians. Ethics that are
relevant to SL4 should probably still be discussed here at Eliezer's
discression. sing_ethics allows for discussions about related matters
that aren't SL4 in and of themselves. For example, on here aspects of
evolutionary psychology might be used as evidence. Then, though, you
want to ask some serious questions about evolutionary psychology
regardless of the context of SL4. Bring it to sing_ethics.

I'm still not settled on the name, so I'm willing to take suggestions.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose