RE: Ethical basics

From: Michael Roy Ames (michaelroyames@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 12:35:43 MST

Ben Goertzel wrote:
>My own intuition is that post-Singularity digital existence going to have
>its own intense emotional feelings even more satisfying than the lust and
>love many of us savor during this human life... <

Cripes... I certainly hope so! One of the most desirable things about a
'post-Singularity digital existence' would be the ability to *choose*
exactly how much, how long, what kind of emotions to expose yourself to.
Right now, I'm pretty much at the mercy of my own emotions... sure, I can
control my _actions_ but my emotions will have thier way with me. How much
better it will be when I have better (total!) control over that.

Michael Roy Ames