Re: Ethical basics

From: Gordon Worley (redbird@rbisland.cx)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 21:06:27 MST

Okay, I said I'd put out a list and I have.

This was originally named Rational Thinkers, but I realized that we
needed a list for a discussion of broader range of topics that have
shown up on SL4 that aren't necessarily SL4 issues, but issues of ethics
and cognitive science that are of interest even without the
Singularity. To that end, Singularitarian Ethics is a list just for the
discussion of the aforementioned topics, not the Singularity in general
(that's what SL4 is for). Before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not
trying to take traffic away from SL4, but just allow for the discussion
of things that are of interest to SL4 folks that aren't of an SL4
nature. If you want to get into a long discussion about evolutionary
psychology, sing_ethics is the place.

Yes, it's is on the oh so evil Yahoo, but I lied plenty on my
demographic info so I think that makes up for it.

--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://www.rbisland.cx/            said, `it means just what I choose