Re: Ethical basics

From: DarkVegeta26@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 20:05:24 MST

In a message dated 1/24/02 5:54:42 AM Pacific Standard Time, ben@goertzel.org
writes:

> <<I don't have time this morning to spend hours writing a detailed and fully
> rationally convincing essay on the necessary of love, passion and intense
> emotional mania in the universe. But maybe I will sometime later.
> Obviously I have strong *feelings* on this topic, which this conversation
> has elicited ;>
>
> Love, my friends! LOVE! Lust! Rage!! Excitement! Wonder! passion!
> Yes, you can have the Singularity, and you can have THESE TOO! All for own
> low, low price...>>

Amen, but in moderation. And don't forget about exploring alternate states
of consciousness, that is valuable for the Singularity too. Lust I'm less
keen about. I don't believe in rational love, love wastes too much time and
is too much like a valueless drug. When being on the net incites more
emotion than "real life", would you spend all your time on it, anyone?

Michael Anissimov