Re: The inevitability of death, or the death of inevitability?

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 03:05:47 MST

There is no reason the structure added to unstructured data has
to be brittle. Some kind of semantic net of information
extracted for instance need not be all that brittle at all.
Also, the amount of structuring that is actually needed to make
unstructured data significantly more useful doesn't necessarily
require that much expertise or expensive processing. A relative
handful of low-level hacks spread across all pages of certain
types would already be a huge improvement.

- samantha