RE: Languages and AI

From: Durant Schoon (durant@ilm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 15:20:32 MDT

> From: Ben Houston <ben@exocortex.org>
>
> Hi Eliezer,
>
> Describe the feature that you want and I'll bet that I can find an existing
> language that has that feature.

This challenge might be for Eli only, but if you know of any languages
based on XML (compiled or interpreted that handle math and strings and
basic data structures), I'd be interested. That is, logic and control
flow are defined in the XML itself and not in some auxilliary language
like perl or python.

I remember seeing a web page proposing something like this by Tim
Berners Lee (I think). But I'm not sure it was ever implemented.

Curious and without web access at the moment,

--
Durant Schoon