Re: XML vs LISP

From: Durant Schoon (durant@ilm.com)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 12:49:59 MDT

> sunirse2000@mediaone.net wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know what the difference is between XML and LISP?
>
> This is a joke, right?
>
> Just in case it isn't, I'll answer the question: LISP is a programming
> language, XML is a data formatting standard.
>
> --CarlF

Possibly is a joke, but if you can define semantics for

The cool thing is that you might be able to reference other
parts of your program from within your program to form comments
on your code and meta-comments on the comments, etc....And all
these (meta)-comments can be semantically meaningful.

I think I remember something about an "almost proposal" called
flare or something...but I only saw reference to it once a while
ago ;-)

--
Durant Schoon