Re: Diaspora, the future of AI & value systems, etc.

From: Samantha Atkins (samantha@objectent.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 12:05:16 MST

I believe your point is still severely broken unless you speak of
strictures of certain systems of morality instead of "values". They are
not at all the same thing. Your original definition has other
problems. What is the "will of the individual"? Is it arbitary power
or is it energy focused on a set of individual goals no matter how
poorly or well formulated? If the latter then there is great value in a
better formulation of goals to acheive the goals of the individual
personally and within its social context but this is not "restraining
the will" as such at all.

- samantha