RE: dawn of neurohacks

From: Harvey Newstrom (harv@gate.net)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2000 - 16:10:12 MST

> > Brian Atkins writes,
> > > I bet that splicing these genes into rich people's pre-kids will be
> > > common by 2004. May or may not be in time to help much with
Singularity.

> Harvey Newstrom wrote:
> > I doubt this. We aren't seeing gene splicing or genetic engineering of
> > offspring now, despite many useful genes already being discovered.

Brian Atkins wrote,
> Wanna bet? This is the kind of thing where after a few people publicly
> start doing it, I bet the rest will come running to do it too. Especially
> if these are seen as "naturally occurring genes" that many children are
> simply "missing".

I will bet anything or any amount of money on this. (Come on, make me
rich!)
2004 is only 3 years away. We can't even get genetically engineered corn on
the market in a few years. I can't see human genetic engineering becoming
"common" in less time.

--
Harvey Newstrom, Security Testing Manager, Fiderus
Phone:321-676-4894 Tollfree:866-FIDERUS Mobile:321-258-4809 FAX:321-676-5707