Ben what are your views and concerns

From: Brian Atkins (brian@posthuman.com)
Date: Sun Oct 01 2000 - 20:41:45 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> Also, I predict that when real AI comes about, there will be a long period
> when it is
> complementary to, rather than unmitigatedly superior to, human intelligence.
> Each kind of mind
> will have its niche. Ultimately AI will surpass us in all ways, but by
> then, the human body
> may also be obsolete due to other technology advances...

Ben do you have any concerns about runaway AI, or even if you believe human-
equiv AIs will be controllable do you worry about some of the evil or simply
shortsighted things they may be used for (especially if they get open sourced)?

Or am I completely misunderstanding what you mean by "real AI"?

--
Brian Atkins
Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence