RE: About that E-mail:...

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@intelligenesis.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 20:09:51 MDT

Hey Brian,

I'll nudge Adam to issue another investor newsletter

We have a few real customers now, for the text classification product; and
are on the verge of
closing a couple other big deals -- send me your private e-mail address &
I'll briefly fill you in
(I can't deduce it from the header of this s14 list e-mail)

As for the Webmind "real AI" project, which is more relevant to this mailing
list than our short-term
business success, progress is steady and exciting. We're not there yet, but
the roadmap is incredibly
clear at this point; we're now chugging through a long and irritating
process of testing what happens when
you try to run all the modules of Webmind together on a big distributed
computer network. Lots of parameter
optimization and debugging... more time, blood, sweat, and tears ... but
that's all that presently stands in the way of us starting the serious
effort of teaching Baby Webmind to think and communicate...

In terms of the sysopmind vision of AI, in my view that's Webmind 2.0.
First we get Webmind to a reasonable
level of intelligence -- ~then~ it will have the reasoning ability to
understand, improve and eventually
totally overhaul and replace its own source-code.

ben g