RE: About that E-mail:...

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@intelligenesis.net)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 19:35:56 MDT

I really doubt this is true... I don't think that anyone will be hunted down
or otherwise
harassed until demonstrable superhuman intelligence has been ACHIEVED

For instance, I've had a start-up company devoted to creating superhuman
intelligence for
3 years now, and no one has harassed me, because NO ONE BELIEVES WE CAN
REALLY DO IT...

Once the thinking machine is demonstrated -- ~then~ we'll have to start to
worry...

ben