[sl4] Re: META: closing the list

From: Aleksei Riikonen (aleksei@iki.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2011 - 11:02:56 MDT

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Alexei Turchin
<alexeiturchin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Existential risks were one of main topics in SL4. What is the
> best place to post and read on existential risks now?

It no longer seems that mailing lists would be a fertile medium for
such. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the publications coming out of
e.g. FHI and SIAI, and in cases of having new high-quality thinking to
contribute, becoming affiliated with said organizations (or some other
good one) and producing academic articles and/or presentations for
conferences and such.

Following good blogs that post updates on what's going on in the field
is also recommended. (Anissimov's blog is an example.) Starting a blog
of one's own is also an option, if one has minor noteworthy things to
say on a somewhat regular basis.

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei