RE: [sl4] D-Wave

From: Nicole C. Tedesco (phlorgian@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 07:36:02 MST

In the Google case D-Wave is probably an ultra-cold system that enjoys some
advantage from being ultra-cold and perhaps even takes advantage of Ising
glass dynamics in a way described originally by Daniel J. Amit ("Modeling
Brain Function: The World of Attractor Neural Networks"). That book, I
remember, was in my opinion one of the first to describe a coherent method
of taking advantage of quantum effects to obtain a real world computing
advantage (in this case, in the case of pattern recognition).

- Nicole