RE: [sl4] Uploading

From: Bradley Thomas (brad36@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 02 2009 - 07:20:07 MST

>As usual in these thought experiments you assume you are the original, but
you must realize that both parties after the duplication would think they
are the original and you would need EXTREMELY good evidence to convince one
of them that they were wrong. And even then many just
wouldn't believe it no matter what.

It is arbitrary which person is used as the example from which the
perspective is drawn. I don't think this means there's necessarily an
assumption. I compare it to using "he" or "she" in writing, when either
gender works.

Brad Thomas
www.bradleythomas.com
Twitter @bradleymthomas, @instansa