Re: [sl4] The Jaguar Supercomputer.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Sun Nov 22 2009 - 22:18:00 MST

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 "BillK" <pharos@gmail.com> said:

> Bigger not necessarily better, when it comes to brains

Yes I think that is true, bigger is usually better but not always.
Ravens and crows have very very small brains but seem to be at least as
intelligent as chimpanzees with their massive brains. I suppose the
reason is that in a flying creature if there is pressure to become more
intelligent evolution can't just take the brute force path and produce a
bigger brain, that would be too heavy, so instead evolution must
produced a more efficient brain. For this reason I believe if one wishes
to study the nature of intelligence, crows and ravens would be ideal
candidates.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark