Re: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: Arets Paeglis (astronfo@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 21:06:25 MDT

More so, the concept of "prior point" does not need to be directly
related to a prior point in user's interaction with the program (as
would be in the scenario with MS Word), such as undoing changes or
reverting to older set of data. By definition, it means some prior
state during the program's execution flow, the simplest and most
trivial example being any cyclical operator:

for (i = 1; i < 10; i++)
{
    i = x; // during the cycle, execution flow will return 10 times to
this state
    do_something(i);
    do_something_else(i);
}

Additionally, I do disagree with the notion that any algorithm is
necessarily either halting or representing an infinite loop.