Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 13:56:46 MDT

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 "Robin Lee Powell" <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org>
said:

> It is trivial to determine that a program to calculate pi does not halt

Yes.

> which is all the halting problem is about

So you think that's all the halting problem is about, you think that
Turing's work is just about trivial and obvious stuff as in proving your
example will not stop. You think that's all there is to it. You Sir are
an ass.

And this man is a sysadmin, or says he is. God help us all.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm