Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Oct 13 2009 - 09:52:55 MDT

> > To expand on this:
> > http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1052796.1052798
> >
> > The halting problem *is*, in fact, decidable for finite computers,
> > says that paper.

So let's see, if you have a small memory you can prove that a computer
will halt when it runs out of memory. Wow what a profound result! I can
confidently predict that if you loaded Windows Vista into the original
ENIAC from 1946 that machine will halt too.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm