Re: [sl4] Complete drivel on this list: was: I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Oct 12 2009 - 22:31:31 MDT

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 "Mu In Taiwan" <mu.in.taiwan@gmail.com> said:

> Please present an algorithm, or state-transition function for a turing
> machine, implementing:
> a. A real time clock.
> b. A true random number generator.
>
> Good luck with these. You'll need it.
> Of course, my Mac has these features as an integral part of the machine.

I could be wrong but I don't believe the the Mac has a true random
number generator, just pseudo random; and it can tell the time because
it's connected to the outside world, like knowledge somebody told it
about it's microprocessor and what it can do in something humans call "a
second".

But no matter, try beating a Jupiter Brain armed with nothing but a
random number and the time of day. Good luck. You'll need it.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm