Re: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 19:53:07 MDT

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 , "Randall Randall" <randall@randallsquared.com>
said:

> This must also be why nature never made a supersonic bird.

I actually have some thoughts on why nature never came up with a
supersonic bird, but they are not relevant to this to this question; the
point is that it has never been shown with absolute certainty that such
a bird can not exist even in principle. In contrast Turing proved with
mathematical rigor over 70 years ago that a fixed goal mind can never
ever work.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark