Re: [sl4] Re: Singularity University

From: Garth Coviello (gcovi@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 12:21:16 MDT

Aleksei, you didn't really respond to what Marian said.  Marian said the tuition is obscenely expensive.  Marian did not say the value is not sufficient, though it would naturally be gathered that Marian does have doubts as to the value.  Nothing can be concluded about Marian's view regarding the 1200 applicants.  And Marian certainly did not say or imply the program is worthless.  Your response to Marian's email therefore argues a straw man multiple times. I just thought I'd point all of that out.  I don't have any opinion on SU either way. Garth ________________________________ From: Aleksei Riikonen <aleksei@iki.fi> To: sl4@sl4.org Cc: a1c1d14@msn.com Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2009 5:43:50 PM Subject: [sl4] Re: Singularity University On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Marian Iskandar wrote: > 25k for a 9 week course?! That's 10k short from the YEARLY tuition prices > offered for private universities! This program is obscenely expensive. You're welcome to think SU doesn't offer sufficient value for the price, and that the 1200+ people who applied for 40 spots are sillier than you. You might also like to contact SU students who have already been to the best traditional universities, and ask for their comment on how SU compares. > Is this pseudo-university even accredited? Similarly non-accredited as the International Space University, which I'm sure you also think is a worthless place to go to. (I'll also note that I'm not affiliated with Singularity University, and that my blunt writing style therefore shouldn't reflect poorly on them :) -- Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei