Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 05 2009 - 11:15:55 MST

Possibly we have a clash of definitions here.
I consider an expert system to be intelligent (in a narrow way), but not
conscious.

OTOH, I don't have an explicit, acceptable, and usable definition of
either intelligence or consciousness. (Acceptable means that it includes
most things that my implicit definition includes, and excludes most
things that it excludes. And that when things are ranked, the rankings
are approximately equal.)