RE: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: ' ' (justin_benedict@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 15:29:13 MST

B) Consciousness is physical and is created once a certain amount of information and feedback within the brain is achieved, but that still doesn't say exactly what consciousness is.

----

What I mean by this is I a simply defining the perimeters of consciousness (for example the bear in my bottle isn't deciding to fall out the top and violate the law of gravity, or I guess that would be doing the inverse of gravity, and if I pour it into another bottle I will expect the same results) and I am not saying exactly what consciousness is.  Just because it is a certain information and feedback achieved within a period of time doesn't tell you what sort of information it is, how it is used, what creates the information, how changing the systems that create it will alter consciousness or destory it all together, etc.  THOSE problems need to be worked out by US.