RE: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: rick.smith@ntlworld.com
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 02:58:40 MST

Please excuse me if this has been done to death, but I think focusing on the question of whether there is a thing called a consciousness clouds the issue.

I think the question is about a continuity of experience.

To the rest of the world there's no difference, but how could somebody make me believe that my experience would not just cease as I am physically destroyed?

-Rick-