Re: [sl4] Re: Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: Matt Mahoney (matmahoney@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 03 2009 - 13:00:55 MST

--- On Tue, 3/3/09, Johnicholas Hines <johnicholas.hines@gmail.com> wrote:

> What kind of world do you want to live in? We have the opportunity to
> make waves, right now, which will influence the future.

- You should step into the booth because it will teleport you where you want to go.
- You should not step into the booth because you will be slowly crushed to death.
- You will step into the booth because you are programmed that way.

- We should build AI because it will mean the end of death, disease, and suffering.
- We should not build AI because it will result in human extinction.
- We will build AI because we are programmed that way.

-- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@yahoo.com