Re: [sl4] Re: A hypothesis for what our world might simulate

From: Petter Wingren-Rasmussen (petterwr@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2009 - 02:08:37 MST

I dont understand why you really need a simulation at all for this kind of
scenario.

Here's my alternative:

1. Upload a few well known and internationally respected politicians.
2. Let each of them get full access to info about the real world.
3. In any major decision let each make a statement.
4. Randomly select one statement or take it in turns whose statement i
selected, and have a comittee look at it with the possibility to veto (in
which case another statement will be drawn.)
5. After a period of time check whose statements provided the best outcomes
and select him/her/it for president.

By doing it this way we avoid needin a simulation and we avoid having an
unnecessary period of orthodox human rule. (Event though a speeded
simulation would make that period rather short.)