Re: [sl4] A hypothesis for what our world might simulate

From: Vladimir Nesov (robotact@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 14:38:53 MST

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Aleksei Riikonen <aleksei@iki.fi> wrote:
> Suppose that we don't really learn how to build FAI before we learn
> e.g. to scan human brains and construct simulated humans in simulated
> universes that we can run at huge subjective speedups.
>
> What would be the safest (realistic) thing to do?

Use hierarchies of communicating simulated Friendly AI programmers to
optimize reliability of FAI design they create, peer-reviewing the
theoretical and early experimental work between groups composed of
different combinations of selected individuals running for
considerable subjective time. Bootstrap implementation of FAI from
this system, including nested simulated worlds in which AI is to start
growing.

--
Vladimir Nesov
robotact@gmail.com